PO. Box 337
35 Main ST
Versailles, CT 06383
DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS:
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the organization’s causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s board of directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the organization will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
AmericanWarrior supports the Donor Bill of Rights, as adopted by many charitable groups, which states that philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good.